Friday, November 13, 2009

Layar x Google Mapplets + Enkin

A long time ago I read about www.enkin.net and their Augmented Reality App that never came to life, after that those germans released their last blog post saying they were contacted directly by Google and that was it. Then came Layar and released their AR browser and opened it up so that people could create their own layers of info to be shared with everyone else.

I was expecting Google to hire those guys from enkin and add the AR functionality directly into Google Maps, that would enable people to bring up all the mapplets already available or even google directory listings.

Don't get me wrong, I loved what Layar did, but I can't believe google just ignored enkin like that, I'm expectign a surprise anytime soon involving enkin and putting some pressure on the fine folks at Layar.